Bellow you will find my current weekly schedule and learn about the work I do and love!!!
I am extremely excited to be offering a BhaktiNova 80 hrs Immersion this year as part of my 2013 Teacher’s Training. Check out the info on the Immersion page and write me with any question you might have.
Join Nubia Teixeira in a heart opening journey of reconnection with the spirit. Combining conscious breath, voice, dance, emotion, and the body-movements of Hatha Yoga and Indian Temple Dance, we will awaken the cleansing fire within and create a space of grounding, healing and joy.
NAMASTE YOGA AT ROCKRIDGE/OAKLAND – www.namasteoakland.com
5416 College Ave, Oakland
Thursdays • 10 – 11:30am • Heart Flow , All Levels.
YOGA MOUNTAIN/FAIRFAX – www.yogamountainstudio.com
85 Bolinas Road, Fairfax
Mondays and Fridays • 9:30 am – 11 am • Levels 2 – 3
YOGA WORKS, LARKSPUR LANDING - www.yogaworks.com
2207 Larkspur Landing Circle Larkspur, CA 94939
Mondays and Wednesdays • 6:15 – 7:30 pm • Vinyasa Flow Levels 2-3
Tuesdays and Thursdays • 12:45 – 2 pm • Yoga Blend, Level 2
NUBIA IS OFFERING PRIVATE SESSIONS AT YOGA WORKS !
Try her “Hands-On” Yoga-Reiki-Thai Massage
Private Classes, contact: email@example.com
If you have been wondering how it would feel to enter your asana and be supported by Nubia’s wise and healing hands, you should schedule a class right now. The intention of this private session is work with alignment , explore new places in the body and deepen your practice by adding the element of hands-on adjustment.
- Astrological Sign: Sun – Cancer / Raising – Virgo /Moon- Scorpio
- Ayurvedic Dosha: Kapha – Pita.
- Describe the very first time you were ever introduced to yoga – I was introduced to yoga 24 years ago in Brazil and I was taken in such a way by this ancient practice that two years later I was teaching yoga at the age of 18.
- How long have you been practicing for? For 24 years.
- What are you currently working on in your personal practice? I am taking privates from Maritza, continue studying/practicing classical indian dance with Vishnu Tattva Das and studying the work of Clarissa Pinkola Estes, PhD.
- Do you have any projects in the works you want us to know about? I am working on writing a manual for the FIRST BHAKTINOVA TEACHER’S TRAINING for the fall of 2013.
- What originally made you want to become a yoga instructor? A deep feeling (certainty) that it was a continuation of my dedicated work in the past life and a deep feeling (certainty) that been at service to others thru yoga was my gift.
- How long have you been teaching for? 22 years
- What do you love about teaching now? The exchange with the beautiful dedicated students that come to my classes. The opportunity that I have to learn from teaching to so many different practitioners with so many different needs. To come fresh to a class, empty canvas, and witness the many colors that shine thru, pose after pose, breath after breath, an ancient mandala of art.
10. What is your favorite or least favorite pose? favorite – raja kapotasana….least favorite – ardha chandrasana……
11. What has been your most unexpected experience since becoming a yoga instructor? That my passion would bring so much prosperity into my life. So many friends. A worldwide community/family. My beloved soul mate and my son.
12. What is your process of planning a class like? For the first years I used to plan a class, but for the past 15 years or so…. I just show up and breath and let spirit take over. The foundation and knowledge are there, been present to the moment, inspiration and creativity shape my class.
13. What is a quote, mantra, or affirmation you have used and would like to share? Is there a story behind its personal meaning to you?
By the Grace of the ancient sages and saints we were given the gift of yoga . A garland of many different practices that have the intention to awaken body, mind and spirit. To those that came before me, I offer my humble reverence and express my gratitude. By following their steps with integrity and devoting myself to serve others, I show up everyday in front of the altar of my heart and scream out loud in song: please take me….