Hari Om! Thank you so much for taking the time to check out my website.
New Year’s in Costa Rica with my beloved Jai Uttal and friends Vish and Vrinda Sheth was amazing! Thanks to the bhaktas that joined us at beautiful Blue Spirit! We are returning for more – From Dec 27th 2014 to Jan 3rd 2015!
Here is a pic of me and Sandrinha, leading the way to Yemanja (Ocean Goddess) on the first day of the year ~
Coming up in April – only a few spots available!
I will be teaching a daily Yoga practice in this retreat. Really looking forward to spending more time with Ram Dass and drink from Maharajji’s well !
Healing The Heart – A Daylong Immersion In Bhakti Yoga
Jai Uttal, Swami Ramananda and Nubia Teixeira
PRANAYAMA & KIRTAN with Nubia & Jai.
Pranayama and Kirtan are two practices that were given to us by the kind and wise ancient sages as a way for us to connect with the divine source thru our physical and emotional bodies. Our breath is one of the most palpable links between the “seen” and the “invisible” worlds. It is the connection between our “inner and outer” environments, and a thread between the mundane and the sacred.
When we inhale we are receiving the light and the truth of the Sacred Beings; when we exhale, or sing, we are offering our light and truth to the Sacred Source and to all beings.
When we inhale, we are healing; when we exhale or sing, we are expressing the feelings and emotions are arising in that very moment.
When we inhale, we are nourishing our body of energy and spirit; when we exhale or sing, we are nurturing others thru our ultimate prayer/wish that all Beings should experience peace, love and happiness.
So, please, breath consciously and sing your heart out for your benefit and for the benefit of all living creatures.
NAMASTE GRAND LAKE – ILoveNamaste.com
3229 Lakeshore Avenue
Oakland, CA 94610
(510) 832-YOGA (9642)
Tuesdays • 4pm to 5:20pm • Heart Flow , All Levels.
NAMASTE YOGA AT ROCKRIDGE/OAKLAND -ILoveNamaste.com
5416 College Avenue
Oakland, CA 94618
(510) 547-YOGA (9642)
Tuesdays • 7:30pm -9pm • Heart Flow , All Levels.
Thursdays • 10 – 11:30am • Heart Flow , All Levels.
YOGA MOUNTAIN/FAIRFAX – www.yogamountainstudio.com
85 Bolinas Road, Fairfax
Mondays and Fridays • 9:30 am – 11 am • Levels 2 – 3
YOGA WORKS, LARKSPUR STUDIO www.yogaworks.com
2207 Larkspur Landing Circle Larkspur, CA 94939
Mondays and Wednesdays • 6:15 – 7:30 pm • Vinyasa Flow Levels 2-3
Tuesdays and Thursdays • 12:45 – 2 pm • Yoga Blend, Level 2
NUBIA IS OFFERING PRIVATE SESSIONS AT YOGA WORKS !
Try her “Hands-On” Yoga-Reiki-Thai Massage
Private Classes, contact: email@example.com
If you have been wondering how it would feel to enter your asana and be supported by Nubia’s wise and healing hands, you should schedule a class right now. The intention of this private session is work with alignment , explore new places in the body and deepen your practice by adding the element of hands-on adjustment.
- Astrological Sign: Sun – Cancer / Raising – Virgo /Moon- Scorpio
- Ayurvedic Dosha: Kapha – Pita.
- Describe the very first time you were ever introduced to yoga – I was introduced to yoga 24 years ago in Brazil and I was taken in such a way by this ancient practice that two years later I was teaching yoga at the age of 18.
- How long have you been practicing for? For 24 years.
- What are you currently working on in your personal practice? I am taking privates from Maritza, continue studying/practicing classical indian dance with Vishnu Tattva Das and studying the work of Clarissa Pinkola Estes, PhD.
- Do you have any projects in the works you want us to know about? I am working on writing a manual for the FIRST BHAKTINOVA TEACHER’S TRAINING for the fall of 2013.
- What originally made you want to become a yoga instructor? A deep feeling (certainty) that it was a continuation of my dedicated work in the past life and a deep feeling (certainty) that been at service to others thru yoga was my gift.
- How long have you been teaching for? 22 years
- What do you love about teaching now? The exchange with the beautiful dedicated students that come to my classes. The opportunity that I have to learn from teaching to so many different practitioners with so many different needs. To come fresh to a class, empty canvas, and witness the many colors that shine thru, pose after pose, breath after breath, an ancient mandala of art.
10. What is your favorite or least favorite pose? favorite – raja kapotasana….least favorite – ardha chandrasana……
11. What has been your most unexpected experience since becoming a yoga instructor? That my passion would bring so much prosperity into my life. So many friends. A worldwide community/family. My beloved soul mate and my son.
12. What is your process of planning a class like? For the first years I used to plan a class, but for the past 15 years or so…. I just show up and breath and let spirit take over. The foundation and knowledge are there, been present to the moment, inspiration and creativity shape my class.
13. What is a quote, mantra, or affirmation you have used and would like to share? Is there a story behind its personal meaning to you?
By the Grace of the ancient sages and saints we were given the gift of yoga . A garland of many different practices that have the intention to awaken body, mind and spirit. To those that came before me, I offer my humble reverence and express my gratitude. By following their steps with integrity and devoting myself to serve others, I show up everyday in front of the altar of my heart and scream out loud in song: please take me….